((Young Jack, part 2))
((We’re getting short on time so why not fill in some spaces with some older artwork))
Have a tiny window in our Pumpkin King’s past as a farm boy.
Just a quick run down of fan theories I’m really starting to detest because they pop up everywhere and I don’t know why so many people like them.
- Ash’s coma theory- I hate this theory the most on account of how many people like it and for virtually starting the trend of “it’s all a dream/lie” theories that supposedly make you think but instead are just out to ruin your childhood which apparently makes the writer of the theory edgy. I get the need to explain things when continuity ceases to hold up but come on. I find this thing boring, uninteresting, and actually doesn’t make a lot of sense. Like, if Misty and all the other girls are just Ash’s repressed sexuality and not real why is it that before he supposedly went into the coma he met her and Pikachu?
- The Tim Burton theory- I’ve gone into this one before but the gist of it is that people think Victor and Sparky from Frankenweenie, Victor and Scraps from Corpse Bride and Jack and Zero from Nightmare are all the same person. I invite those that love this theory to really look at the characters and time lines of the movies. Victor F is a kid in modern day-ish era while Victor VD was an adult in the Victorian era. I guess this can also dual as me hating on the idea of the citizens of Halloween once being alive type shpeal.
- Master Panda is an older Po- Same as the Tim Burton theory: have you actually watched the original material? The most I know about Po’s background in Kung Fu Panda is that he was almost the victim of what was basically genocide and adopted by the goose in the first film. I do know for a fact the backstory of Skunk Fu!’s Panda doesn’t involve any goose fathers, nor does Po’s ever mention being friends with a dragon who became evil. They aren’t the same character and despite the similar premise’ SF and KFP have different universes.
- Kopa was killed by Zira- On paper this theory does make a surprising amount of sense. The cub at the end of the original Lion King was a boy (the one from the unofficial books) who was killed by Zira and that’s why she was banished and Simba is overprotective of Nala. However this one and anything involving “Taka” get on my nerves by virtue of how many Lion King Fans get up and arms and really bitter about getting in the way of what is apparently total canon, which it is not. It’s a popular theory, nothing more. Also stop making Kopa into the best character ever so you can crap on Kiara.
- The Rugrats theory- A theory I detest by virtue of how negative it is. It calls characters whores, makes everything uneedingly dark for the sake of darkness, the only reason it isn’t on par with “Ash’s Coma Theory” is because it’s not as loved.
That is all. If you like these theories I’m not trying to offend nor do I think you’re wrong, I just don’t agree. Thank you.
See I was gonna finish my script for the vital Halloween comic on HT, but I was busy doing this instead.
im waiting for the day i can use this as a reaction image and confuse everyone for a good 5-30 seconds before they get it
current emotion: any picture of spike the dinosaur from land before time
Tumblr please stop recommeneding mlp ask blogs that’s not my life anymore I’ve grown.